Table of Contents
PART I: THE WORLD OF TAXATION.
1. Introduction to Taxation.
2. Working with the Tax Law.
3. Taxes in the Financial Statements.
Part II: STRUCTURE OF THE FEDERAL INCOME TAX.
4. Gross Income.
5. Business Deductions.
6. Losses and Loss Limitations.
PART III: PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS.
7. Property Transactions: Basis, Gain and Loss, and Nontaxable Exchanges.
8. Property Transactions: Capital Gains and Losses, Section 1231, and Recapture Provisions.
PART IV: TAXATION OF INDIVIDUALS.
9. Individuals as Taxpayers.
10. Individuals: Income, Deductions, and Credits.
11. Individuals as Employees and Proprietors.
PART V: BUSINESS ENTITIES.
12. Corporations: Organization, Capital Structure, and Operating Rules.
13. Corporations: Earnings & Profits and Distributions.
14. Partnerships and Limited Liability Entities.
15. S Corporations.
PART VI: CORPORATIONS.
16. Multijurisdictional Taxation.
17. Business Tax Credits and the Alternative Minimum Tax.
18. Comparative Forms of Doing Business.
Appendix A: Tax Formulas, Tax Rate Schedules, and Tables.
Appendix B: Tax Forms.
Appendix C: Glossary.
Appendix D: Table of Code Sections Cited.
Appendix E: Present Value and Future Value Tables.